- The Village Shopping Centre:
Is 100 metres from Pauanui Pines Motor Lodge
The village has - a supermarket, bakery, surf wear shop, womans clothing boutique, restaurants, takeaways, real estate offices, liquor outlet, cafe and video shop and gift shop.
- Sports facilities include two 9 hole golf courses "The Pines and The Lakes".
Within 5km distance is the new "Lakes Resort Pauanui" International Golf Course with superb fairways and immaculate greens.
A comprehensive guide to local restaurants is available in the conpendium in each motel unit and advice can be given at reception.
- The ferry to Tairua is only one and a half kilometres away and provides a wonderful excursion.
- Sea Activities - You can fish for Snapper, Kahawai or King Fish or gamefish such as marlin and tuna are to be found in their season. Coromandel fishing trips and charters can be organised with local operators.
- Information Centre - The local information centre is an excellent sourse of knowledge - phone 864 7101
What to See & Do in The Coromandel
Some key Coromandel sights we recommend:
– World famous nature walks and tours for all age groups. Half day or full day guided nature tours through gold mines, bush and coast.
– A must do while visiting the Coromandel is a one hour scenic boat cruise to Cathedral Cove and beautiful volcanic sea caves. This is a photogragher's dream! Also available is an eco adventure cruise on board a glass bottom boat viewing abundant marine wildlife. Snorkling equipment supplied for a closer look.
– Personalised guided fishing adventures in a spectacular coastal setting. Quality equipment and skipper.
– Adventure dive tours to the pristine Aldermen Islands, one of New Zealand's most undiscovered dive experience.
– Johansen guiding adventures provide treks, scenic tours, hunting adventures and team building experiences in the beautiful Coromandel.