How to Find ASURE Pauanui Pines Motor Lodge
Pauanui is in the Coromandel region, just two hours drive from Auckland, via Thames.
Driving to Pauanui from Auckland:
- Take State Highway One (SH1) on the Southern Motorway.
- Turn left onto SH2 at exit number 177 and follow the signs to Thames, via SH25.
- You will cross our new bridge to the Coromandel Peninsula and you will see the old one way bridge to your left. Not far after the bridge there is a roundabout, turn right at the roundabout. Drive approximately 300mtrs and turn left. The sign posts for this road direct you towards Tairua.
- Keep following road (approx 32kms) until you get to Hikuai Settlement Road. Prescotts Garage is on the corner.
- Turn Right onto Hikuai Settlement Road (also signposted "Pauanui")
- Hikuai Settlement Road will take you into Pauanui.
- Entering Pauanui there is a roundabout with Pauanui Waterways on the left. Pass straight through this roundabout until you reach the next roundabout.
- Take the first exit left into Vista Paku.
- Pauanui Pines Motor Lodge is 750mtrs on the left at 174 Vista Paku.
Driving to Pauanui from Rotorua & South:
Head north through Te Puke, Mt Maunganui/Tauranga, Waihi, Whangamata and follow signs to Tairua. Turn right to Pauanui at Hikuai as detailed above.Google Maps
Pauanui Beach has the Pauanui Beach Aerodrome, a small airstrip on Pauanui Beach that is mainly used by small aircraft travelling through. For many international travellers Auckland Airport will be the hub where visitors arrive into the North Island. The Auckland Airport is about two hours drive to Pauanui Beach. For visitors heading up from other locations in the North Island, there are airports in Rotorua, Hamilton and Tauranga only a couple hours drive to Pauanui.