Explore The Coromandel Region
The Coromandel is a scenic place visit for a relaxing holiday. Explore the region’s tropical rain forest, sandy beaches, and native bush.
If you are looking for a relaxing holiday in the Coromandel, visit one of the many beaches. Some of the best beaches to check out in the Coromandel area include:
- Pauanui Beach: White sand covers the 3km golden coastline on the Pauanui Peninsula
- Tairua Beach: Holiday spot with close access to great bush walks, mines and caves
- Hot Water Beach: Underground hot springs come up through the sand forming a hot water pool
Go swimming, surfing, kayaking, and enjoy bathing in the sun on the sandy beachfronts and put your feet up to relax!
Other Coromandel attractions
The scenic beauty of the area offers a variety of great locations, flora and fauna, and activities to enjoy. Some of the highlights of the Coromandel region include:
- Kauri Trees: Spotted throughout the region, these native trees can grow more than 50 meters in height.
- Diving and snorkelling: There are different spots and tours to take to explore the underwater sea life and to see the numerous coves and caves around the region.
- Golfing: Tee off at the Lake Resort Golf Course, an international 18-hole course.
- Walks: The Pauanui Trig Track, Twin Kauri Scenic Reserve and Mount Paku walks all offer fantastic views of the region and you will see some of the native flora and fauna.
Escape the City Life
The Coromandel region is easily accessible and only 1.5 hours’ drive from Auckland. Escape the city life and take a relaxing break to enjoy the coastal scenery and lifestyle. The region offers some of the best weather conditions in New Zealand, and it is a great destination to visit year round. If you are looking for somewhere to stay while in the Coromandel Region, Pauanui Pines offers luxury accommodation to help you to relax and unwind in a tranquil atmosphere.